Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for passionate and experienced machine learning engineers to join our local team in Sissach, Switzerland.
You will be developing products related to the financial industry. A few examples you might be working on:
- Extract information from written documents such as pdfs, jpegs, etc.
- Automate our training/testing setup.
- Experiment with new ML models to increase performance of current models.
- Data wrangling / collection.
- Data visualization, dashboard creation.
- Dive into natural language processing.
- Expert skills in popular machine learning topics and hands on experience in applying ML to real world problems.
- Proficient with: Python 3, pytest, numpy, pandas, sklearn, mxnet, tensorflow, opencv, matplotlib, plotly, plotly-dash.
- Proficient with Git and Github.
- Solid understanding of the core math prerequisites of ML, such as statistics and linear algebra is a plus.
- Docker experience welcome, but not necessary.
- Experience with Ruby is a plus.
What we expect from you
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Be comfortable coming into a large codebase and be able to follow existing patterns, conventions, and figuring out how existing code fits and works together. Recommend better ways and discuss this with the team to increase our overall standards.
- Have strong opinions on how software should be produced, but willing to make compromises when appropriate.
- Provide input, options, and recommendations on software features and system enhancements.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Provide recommendations into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Communicate with the team. Share the problems you have to get help from the team. Share your experience to help the team grow.
- Work according to priorities which have been set by you or your coworkers such that we can rely on your work.